Sunday, October 30, 2011

Planning photoshoot

I have decided that, like in the Letters to Juliet poster, I am going to create my poster with images from the 19th century period of our film, and then images from the modern period, to create contrast but also the sense of a connection between the two. I will therefore need to take the images set in the 19th century with the actors in costume, and preferably at one of our two locations (Aske and Kiplin Hall). After visiting Aske Hall and being given a tour of the grounds, to me one of the most striking views was one from the top of the stone steps in the gardens, looking down onto the Hall. I have therefore decided to plan my 19th century photoshoot around this view, as I think it would make an impressive and dramatic set of photos. As I will have to shoot outside, I may need to use a type of basic reflector to reflect the light off the camera and onto the subject of the shoot, so I will make sure to bring some white card or a white umbrella to use as a reflector, just in case.

Here are the mock-ups of my photoshoots:



I plan to take the photos of Sarah outside on a windy day, so that her hair will blow about and make the image look dramatic. I have taken inspiration for this from conventional film posters such as these:


As images such as the ones in these posters are generally taken inside with a wind machine or a fan, but as I have neither, I think that doing my photoshoot outside is the next best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment